I mentioned back in one of my Whole30 posts how much I *loved* sweet potato and sausage hash (for breakfast, lunch, and dinner) topped with a fried egg. I’ve been AltShifting since my last Whole30 ended (Jan 31, 2016!), and figured due to this recipe’s high fat AND high carbs, this would never fit into either shift on AltShift… until it dawned on my: CAULIFLOWER. No idea why it took so long.
So, I tweaked my recipe, and have already made it twice now within the same 5shift. Each serving has about 4 carbs (maybe closer to 3, depending on the source for onion and bell pepper carb amounts), and just like my Whole30 version, it’s AWESOME for any meal, topped with a couple runny fried eggs. And it’s still Whole30 compliant if anyone reading this is participating in the big January ’17 challenge!
It’s also been great to use up some of my freezer stash of pork from last summer’s farmer’s market. I’m bad about using frozen meat, but one of my New Year’s Resolutions is to stop avoiding my freezer meat (random? uh huh). Off to a great start!
I’m trying out a “recipe card” app to display this (#geek). Let’s see how it works!
Leave a comment if you make this and let me know what you think!!
P.S. Can you believe it’s almost been a WHOLE YEAR since I started AltShifting?!?! Time flies when you feel great, I suppose 😉
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1.5 c diced/riced Cauliflower (1/2 bag of Green Giant Cauliflower Crumbles)
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1/4 c chopped bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c ghee or butter
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 t ground sage
- 1 t thyme
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- Heat large frying pan on Med-High heat. Mix Sausage Seasoning with Ground Pork (I use my hands in a bowl). Add to frying pan and begin browning sausage.
- Once most of the sausage is browned, add remaining ingredients to pan. Continue to cook sausage with veggies until sausage becomes crispy-brown on the edges.
- Add additional salt & pepper to taste. Serve with fried eggs on top.
Each serving has about 4 carbs.